Assuring our performance 2016-17
We seek to be transparent about the assurance activities that we put in place, to both provide accurate data and also to demonstrate that we are listening to customers and reflecting their feedback in our plans and our publications.
To support this objective and to continually improve our annual performance reporting, we've established an annual review and consultation cycle.
The first step in the cycle for this current year is the publication of our statement of risks, strengths and weaknesses and draft assurance plan 2016/17. This set out how we plan to address targeted areas identified by our risk, strengths and weaknesses assessment. As well as how we'll respond to stakeholder research carried out to further improve reporting in 2016-17.
Following consultation on the statement of risks, strengths and weaknesses and our draft assurance plan 2016-17, we've published our final assurance plan, reflecting the issues stakeholders told us were important to them.
Our final plan shows:
- How we plan to respond to Ofwat's company monitoring framework assessment of our 2016-16 reporting and publications and will be used to further improve the 2016-17 report
- How stakeholder feedback was used to influence the development of our 2015/16 Annual Performance Report publications and will be used to further improve the 2016/17 report
- An overview of the assurance that will be provided to support the 2016/17 report, including more specific details of the actions being taken to manage or mitigate the risks affecting the targeted areas; and
- A number of targeted areas that have been identified through the risk assessment and consultation process, where we think specific focus is warranted
- A summary of the next steps in the annual reporting cycle and how you can provide your views or feedback on these proposals
We have published supplementary information in our AMP6 regulatory reporting assurance frameworkthat sets out how our governance and assurance framework is designed to ensure that our reporting fully meets our stakeholders' expectations.
Email this page