For us, how we do business is just as important as what we do
As a FTSE 100 company with a 5000+ strong workforce and a major, multi-billion pound investment programme, the way we act as a business has a profound influence on the social, economic and environmental well-being of our region.
We are determined to play our part in a sustainable and more prosperous North West through a socially, environmentally and financially responsible approach to our day-to-day activities.
For us, it’s about our five Business Principles:
- providing a great service to customers
- working to protect and enhance the environment
- actively supporting local communities
- supporting our employees to achieve their full potential in a safe workplace
- delivering good value to stakeholders and managing our supply chain fairly
Our approach is working, and external benchmarking organisations agree. In 2015/16, we retained World Class status in the Dow Jones Sustainability Index (produced by RobecoSAM, an investment specialist firm) for the ninth consecutive year. We also achieved three stars in Business in the Community’s 2016 Corporate Responsibility Index.
Email this page