If you want to earn while you learn, this could be the start you’re looking for.
Fancy buying your first car, a season ticket for your footy team or a dream holiday?
With some cash in your pocket, and the benefits of working for UU, this could all be possible.
If you want to earn while you learn, an apprenticeship at United Utilities could be exactly what you're looking for.
Here are just some of the perks of the job...
Email this page
- A starting salary of £12,500
- If you work hard, you could reap an annual bonus of up to 7.5% of your salary - a great pay day treat!
- A whopping 26 days of annual leave every year, increasing to a maximum of 30 days after four years' service PLUS bank holidays. You can even buy additional holidays or sell some of your holiday entitlement bank - Where's your next trip going to be?
- Access to an award-winning company pension scheme - it might seem FOREVER away, but it's good to start saving for the future
- Eligibility to join our employee Share scheme, enabling you to become a shareholder in the Company - who wouldn't want to own part of United Utilities?
- A fantastic healthcare scheme, helping with the everyday costs of trips to the dentist or optician, and providing access to medical specialists or even surgery if needed - believe us, your parents will be pleased with this one!
- There's all sorts of other discounts, such as on vehicle breakdown cover (great for when your new set of wheels decide to let you down) and we have a Cycle to Work scheme too - if you fancy a bit of pedal power
- A massive selection of deals and discounts at your favourite high street shops - perfect for you shopaholics!
Don't take our word for it, our current apprentices think our benefits are pretty great too.
"The best thing I've been able to do since starting as an apprentice is to attend the Roadburn festival in the Netherlands. I've wanted to go for six years, and it's only now that I'm earning money I was able to go"
Connor Gavin, IT release manager
"I've bought a new car, and been on holidays to New York and Mauritius - they've got to be the highlights"
Jordan Grace, assistant project coordinator
"Six months into my apprenticeship I got myself a new car, paid for a trip to Germany and experienced things I wouldn't have been able to afford before. A couple of my friends picked the apprenticeship route, but they even admit I've got the best deal at United Utilities"
Amy Gillam, apprentice scientist